Friday, November 23, 2012

All Joy

There is a fine line we walk when it comes to Christmas.  Tristan is only two and a half years old, but we've decided that we can not do the whole Santa thing.  Now, I was raised believing in Santa. . . but it didn't last long.  I think I was 5 (or younger).
We are going to tell him the truth, that Santa isn't a real guy who spies on him when he's sleeping or keeps track all year if he's been good.  And we are going to tell him the real story about how there WAS a "Santa" (aka Chris Kringle). . . and the spirit behind what Santa stands for.  Then we are going to give him the choice to subscribe to that or not.  But we are also going to tell him that under NO circumstance is he to ruin that belief for anyone else.
Granted he's 2 and we won't have to deal with this for at least another year, maybe 2. . . but he has a cousin, who he's close to, that is 4 months younger.  So, there will be a point where he will know something different than her.
We are also teaching him about the true story of Christmas - the birth of our Lord and Savior! 

It's been quite a journey for me.  Having to really think about my beliefs and what I'm portraying and then having to face the "heat" from everyone else for those beliefs.

Anyway. . . LOL  Here is a layout I did with FranB Designs' Ho Ho Holiday kit.  There are a lot of REALLY cute elements (the penguin is my favorite! hehehe) and I LOVE the templates!

These are pics of Tristan's first Christmas.  And even though he knocked over the Christmas tree. . . count it all joy!  I LOVE the pic of him looking up at Kaleb!  So cute!  That pure awe. . .


Preview of kit (images liked to store):


Here's a closer look at the kit:






No comments:

Post a Comment