Wednesday, February 6, 2013

Designer Darling Contest - Round #1

I don't know what I was thinking. . . really, I don't!! lol
I am not a designer.  I like to make papers and word art for the blog trains. . . but still don't consider myself a designer.  I LOVE scrapping, more than designing.  But with my new store opening, I decided I needed to do more designing. . .

Also, I kept telling my best friend Heather (you know her, Callaluna Creations) to sign up!  She LOVES designing!  And she does really cute kits.  Finally, she did!  YAY!  But when I talked to my hubby about it, he told me I needed to join her.  So, with Heather and Kaleb saying I should. . . I signed up. 

I still don't know why!  I am so incredibly busy!  Between being a wife, a stay-at-home mom to a 2 1/2 year old, a couple projects for the church, designing for the Feb Triune Train, my CT work, my Promo work, and trying to get my store up and running. . . I HAVE to be sleep deprived to think I needed one more thing on my plate!  Oy.  Okay, enough of that little whine session. LOL


The color palette for this round was hard for me.  Initially, the only thing I thought of was spring.  But I knew that everyone else would think that too. . . and I wanted to do something less obvious.

I have been wanting to do a non-pink Valentine's Day kit for a while now!  Not only do I hate pink, but I have a little man.  So, I had my theme. . .

I think it turned out pretty good! :)  And I managed to get my kit in before the deadline! 
Whoo hoo!
You can download it at the forum, click here or the pic below:


I'm going to have an add-on posted here on the blog, eventually. LOL  So, try to remember to come back :)

There is a play along thread if you would like to give it a shot. 

I also encourage you to head over to Heather's blog and take a look at her submission! It's very cute!

No cuts for round one, so there will be at least one more freebie from me! *wink*  Thanks for all the support and I love hearing from you! 

Thanks!  And enjoy!



No comments:

Post a Comment